January 23, 2011

Three Months Old!

Top left to bottom right: 1 week, 1 month, 2 month, 3 months
Three months is an exciting milestone! It means Delaney spends more of her days with her eyes open, and it also means that I have one last week at home before returning to work. There are definitely some things I will miss about maternity leave, and I hope to hold on to some of the things I've learned:
  1. Not multitasking. Doing exactly one thing at a time, like holding Delaney, and enjoying it.
  2. Instead of sitting on the couch watching television, sitting on the floor for playtime or sitting in the rocking chair looking out the window.
  3. Being here when Sidney gets home from school to spend time with him and talk about his day. 
  4. Spending the entire day in cozy pj's.
  5. Tackling any dinner and dessert recipe that sounds good, no matter how many steps and ingredients.
  6. Taking afternoon naps all cuddled up together, and not setting an alarm to wake.
  7. Sneaking in an afternoon trip to the gym for a workout class (thanks, Jeremy and Nana!)
  8. Accepting, and sometimes even asking, for help from (kind) strangers.