November 29, 2010

40 Days!

Wow! Even as I'm writing this, it is hard to imagine that much time has gone by since Delaney was born. But then I look at my last blog post to announce her birth and am reminded of how time becomes a tricky thing once you have a newborn.

I sometimes have trouble remembering what day it is and sometimes they all run together. Maybe that's sleep deprivation, or being mushy over the moon in love with our babe, not working or having any sort of schedule, but it's most likely all of the above. There is a famous saying about good intentions and a road to somewhere so I won't bother letting you know how many times I intended to sit down and write a new entry. But enough about that stuff. There are three key things from the past month and a half to update everyone on!

One: She's active! Delaney was very active during my pregnancy, and continues to move around a lot. She can already hold her head up and her legs are so strong she is close to turning over. When Delaney flails her arms around and her fingers are moving wildly, it sometimes looks like she's throwing gang signs. When this happens, the boys affectionately refer to her as "PG," which stands for Pink Gangster. I pretend to get mad, but it's 100% hilarious, and usually exacerbated by the fact that her little hats are usually down in her eyes. The best example is when she was in her little Strawberry Halloween costume:
Two: We are blessed to have a caring, smart, and good-natured son who is the most wonderful helper and Big Brother anyone could ask for. We're not sure how, but he manages soccer, homework, new responsibilities and chores around the house, and pulled off straight A's again with all of the late night partying his sister does. He hasn't once complained about not having as much time with us and he reads to her, rocks her, and sings to her. We've offered bribes, but he hasn't yet changed a diaper.
Me? Late Night Partying?




 

Three: Grandparents are the best! Where can we begin to thank you? We can start with the love and care you give your granddaughter. That, and those nights of sleep you gave us. The first night we had six consecutive hours, Jeremy woke up and said he felt like he could cure cancer. We took Delaney for her first walk outside while Grandpa was here and Sid was really happy to have someone to play Risk and cook with. We had such a blast with BB during her visit and loved her delicious cooking and company as always. Nana has been a huge help since we came home from the hospital and I look forward to her visits that allow me to get out of the house a bit and get things done.
First stroller walk with Daddy
 I love you Grandpa and BB!


Happiness is Nana's Lap



I love this photo of BB, Daddy, and Delaney!





Family pic on Nana's Birthday: a special day because Delaney turned one month old and Nana turned....1 year older!
As much as I'd like to kid myself by thinking you're reading this blog because of my sharp wit and writing skills indicative of an English Major and, ahem, Writing Minor, I know it's all about the photos.

So I'll end by saying we are so very thankful for our wonderful family and friends and for all you've done for us. The meals, visits, calls, Skypes, gifts, and cards are reminders of the people Delaney will get to grow up knowing. And if she hasn't met you yet, she is looking forward to it!

So now, I'll just fill in some captions and give you what you're here for: Lots of pictures of our sweet, sweet girl: Delaney Elizabeth. 

Delaney at 1 Week (8 lbs)
Delaney at One Month! (10 lbs)


She loves to sleep with her hands by her face

Speaking of sleep..


She's keeping her eyes open more and more each day

Time with Daddy
Her cheeks are really filling out

Bye-Bye for now!