September 23, 2010

A Little Hi

I haven't posted anything in a while so I thought I'd write a quick update for September.

We're counting down the final few weeks until the baby gets here. I won't bore you with the usual pregnancy complaints about being uncomfortable other than to say: everything you've heard is true. Like a friend of mine's husband said to her when she was 8 months along (astutely, but probably unwisely), "Wow! Women really DO sacrifice their bodies during pregancy!" HA

The nursery is just about finished except for putting the glider together and some custom framing for a picture I made for her room. I hope to post a couple of photos once it's ready.

Some of our friends from church also threw us a baby shower a couple of weeks ago. It was really nice of Eun Ju and her daughter-in-law Tonya to hostess and we had a great time and good food! It was fun to hang out with some of my fellow Sunday School teachers and ladies I've met through our classes. Miss Delaney got some more sweet little clothes, blankets, baby monitors, diapers, and toys!

Mom had shoulder surgery last week and is recovering well. She really is an inspiration and one tough cookie. Thanks to all for your calls, thoughts, and prayers for her during the surgery and for the recovery ahead.

We have a new nephew!!!! Jeremy's sister Sarah delivered a healthy 9lb 2oz baby boy named Beckett this past Saturday. We are really excited for them and can't wait to meet him! Cute little pumpkin!

Sidney got his first middle school progress report and has straight A's! We're really proud of him and how well he made the transition to lockers and changing classes. We're right in the swing of the Fall Soccer Season and he started Cotillion last weekend as well. Yes, he danced with girls. No, he didn't catch cooties.

Fall is just around the corner...can't wait for the leaves to turn and cooler weather to start! Who knows, we might even be able to the new stroller around the block for a spin.