April 5, 2011

5 Months Old!

We had some family photos taken a couple of weeks ago, so I thought I'd share some of those for this month and we'll pick back up with Ellie the elephant at 6 months.

Sitting up like a big girl!
My best friend from college and her sister made her this tutu, and another friend made her the onesie--couldn't believe how perfect the background matched!

Hi there! I love my tummy time!


We finally got a smile out of our little ham--then she started blowing bubbles, followed by playing with her toes--her new favorite pastime.

New adventures for us at this stage:

Eating Food!
So far, Delaney has had rice cereal and a couple of types of veggies and fruit. They say you should just put baby's food on their chin and feed them from there, and that's no joke! She's getting the hang of it and likes to reach for the spoon and bowl--the other night she knocked the little bowl out of my hand and cereal went everywhere...we both needed a bath after that one! Peas are her favorite so far, probably because her Daddy made them just for her.

Rollin' and Movin'!
Delaney rolls over on her tummy about as soon as we put her down to play. She's working on rolling back over from tummy to back and sometimes makes it....she can turn in a circle toward a toy. In her activity bouncer, she has learned how to use her tippie toes to turn in a circle so she can reach everything. If there's a button for music or sound, she's got it.

Sitting and Reaching!
Little bug can sit with her hands in front like a tripod or on her feet. She has started reaching for things and get grasp just about anything. I say "just about anything" because I've only seen one thing so far: I put some ice cubes out of my water glass on the table at a restaurant to keep her busy--she couldn't figure out how to pick those up and it kept her entertained.

Baby proofing the house will be next...

Happy Spring!