It started with handmade invitations Jen cut into onesie shapes and trimmed with different patterns that matched our colors--the cutest, right down to the little butterfly on the bottom. When asked if she would consider making and selling them, Jen (better known as "Spicy Jen Jen" quickly replied, "Probably won't be making these again--would only spend two weekends wearing out a craft punch for someone I really love." Awwwwwwwwwwwwww....
Jeremy's mom Janine, better known as BB (as Sidney named her), flew in the Thursday night before the shower to help us finish getting the nursery ready--we, or should I say they, got a lot done! By the time the weekend was over, the room we are turning into the nursery was cleared out, painted, and we had our crib furniture on order! We can't thank you enough for everything, BB!! Can't wait to see you again when Delaney gets here!
The day of the shower, we were all really excited. I rode with my mom, aka Nana, and BB to Adrienne's house. Everything was awesome and no detail was missed! After we walked in, I noticed I loved every song that was playing and then realized Adrienne's husband Ryan made a Paula's Radio Station just for me with lots of Wilco, Ryan Adams, and Old 97's! On top of that, Adrienne had a Guest Book and thank you cards already ready to go with stamps and addresses--too good and much to be thankful for!
And the food--and I am all about food right now--was soooo good! Game On! Adrienne had quite the spread with a salad, turkey meatloaf, her famous banana bread, crostinis with tapenade, a Mama friendly punch, and spring rolls from Sarah. My mom made her chicken macaroni salad and a big fruit salad, and to top it all off, Jeremy's mom ordered quite possibly one of the best things ever created--CAKE BALLS! My face lit up when I walked in and saw them and for those of you who haven't had one yet, you are missing out! There were Italian Cream, Red Velvet, and German Chocolate. As my friend Tonya put it, the first bite gives you chills.
After we ate, everyone made onesies for Delaney! There were different sizes and colors and tons of iron-on patches, ribbons, letters, flowers, and too many cute things to mention that resulted in some of the sweetest onesies ever! I can't wait to put all of them on her and have no doubt she'll be the coolest, most original baby on the block.
If it wouldn't have made my blog go on forever, I would have taken an individual photo of each and every one because I can't pick a favorite! Guess you'll have to wait to see them on her! : ) Thank you everyone!!! Here a pic of everyone holding their onesies (except my friend Sylvia on the left, who made one, but didn't get the memo for the photo-- hahaha!):
Check out this amazing tricycle diaper cake Jen made. I've never seen anything like it and am not sure I will ever be able to take it apart--I think it might become a permanent fixture in Delaney's room!
| A pic of my mom and her good friends from school Nancy and Wanda |
| The Grandmas! |
Jeremy and Sid arrived to say hi to everyone and to load up the cars so we took a couple of family pics.
| Sid is thinking: Delaney, do you have any idea what you're getting yourself into?! |
The Sunday after the shower, Jeremy and our moms painted the room a very pretty color called Riviera Clay--we think it will match the bedding and little girl colors better than its former color, although Jeremy says sky blue is the best color ever under all circumstances... Go Heels!
More to come as we get the nursery pulled together--should have some good before and after pics. Now, if it would just cool down from the 100's for a few days, things would be perfect....guess you can't have it all. :oP